The HRCMO resettled 74 orphans, primarily from Africa. Our 40 offices across the country ensured new arrivals received a warm welcome and had housing, food and clothing we provided orientation and translation assistance, English language instruction, job training, employment services and counseling. We helped enroll orphans in schools, introduced families to their communities and family, we provided financial aid. In the year 2005 to 2017 we resettled 22, 19, 17, 57, 5, 13, 5, 18, 11, 1, 4, 5, orphans, respectively Total from the last years reflect the slowdown in admissions that following the war and violence in Congo. We also launched an initiative to provide aid and information to victims of human trafficking across the countries.
- 100 peace campaigns undertaken.
- 316 community members sensitized against conflict.
- 56 Trainers of Trainers (TOTs) trained on conflict management.
- 59 community leaders trained on conflict resolution.
- 48 Reconciliation campaigns, training conferences and seminars undertaken.
- In Africa: Uganda, Kenya, Democratic Republic of Congo, South Sudan, Tanzania. Rwanda and Burundi